Exploding Box - Wedding of James & Sherryl

Hi and welcome to INKpressive! Today I'm sharing a project that I made for James and Sherryl's wedding. I was so delighted when Sherryl (Macky, as I call her) called up one day and told me that she wanted me to make her wedding invitations. Our friendship has matured over the years. Macky and I were classmates in med school and were great partners in medical clerkship. Parting ways after internship and pursuing our careers, we met again after 2 years in a hospital where we worked as ER physicians. She was also instrumental to the meeting of my future husband.

Okay, now let's go on with my project ... (LOL)

The bride requested for an exploding box. The theme that she had in mind was a "family wedding" that focuses not only to the bride and groom but includes their 2 kids and the bride and groom's families. 
This concept was very challenging, huh! But the good part is, she allowed me to do a free hand on the invites with just one restriction - no black color.

Since she was only going to order thirty pieces, I suggested to make the large double exploding box for her. That's it. Then I was off on my own, conceptualizing (and dreaming) about the design....

My interpretation of a "family wedding" is: mix of young and old vibes. So, I personally chose Note To Self digi collection by Echo Park , which has a mix of vintage and modern elements as you can see below.

Now here's the box after dressing it up with a red satin ribbon and a circle tag... Love it!!!


The outer box is 3"x3" in size and the inner box is 2.5'x2.5". I also created a nice cake in red and cream, decorated with flowers. Look at the cake..




I really like this quote that they incorporated on their invitation.


I also decorated the lid with a special handmade paper from India, with swirly gold dots. I had collected this paper for a long time, you can rarely find it in stores now.

Now that's me with the red shoes, seated on the front. This was a shot taken at the photobooth during the wedding reception. With me are my pals, Dr. Kalbi (right), and Dr. Dagalea (left, back row) with her boyfriend, Percy.


I hope you like my post! 
For inquiries, you may email me at iinkpressive@gmail.com
We ship anywhere in the Philippines
Shipping fee is handled by the client
We also accept orders from overseas and ship via Fed Ex.
Please fill up the order form, which can be found in the main menu



Note: Effective July 1, 2012 we will be charging 100.00php for handling fee from shop to courier.
This is because our couriers of choice do not pick up the packages from our shop.
Thank you for understanding.

Featured Post

Baby Elephant Trishutter Card Invitation